Easy & Quick Singapore Curry Laksa
Singapore Curry Laksa is another one of my favorite dish that I miss so much since living abroad in Australia. It is not impossible to find here however the travel distance and the price you pay in one of the restaurant would sometimes put you off. So I have devised a method to satisfy my thirst and addiction for curry laksa by using the ready ingredient you can purchase from any Oriental store. The cost would be so much cheaper and you can add your own ingredients as well and impress your family and friends. Please see the below ingredients and instruction, and if you like it – please leave a comment or suggestion.
- Curry laksa leave (3 leaves for a bold)
- egg noodle and beehoon (Rice vermicelli)
- 1 packet of curry laksa packet
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 4 teaspoon of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 prawns for each bowl
- fried bean curd
- fish balls
- boiled egg
- Prepared some boiled egg. I would recommend 1 egg for each bold, but some people prefer only half.
- Boil 1 litre of water in pot. This is sufficient for 3 person
- add 3/4 of packet contents into the pot and stir. Do not add all otherwise it will be quite spicy
- add in half or 3/4 of coconut milk from can
- add 4 teaspoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and a pinch of salt. Stir occasionally. If you have fried garlic, add a teaspoon in.
- set it to boil and stir occasionally.
- prepare bowl, and pour soup in and server
suggestion / additional
- you can throw in some beansprout, or see ham (clam) if you can find some.